Colorado Gun Cleaners Terms & Conditions
Our returns policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused, uninstalled, and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. You must contact Colorado Gun Cleaners by email at email@example.com to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number before returning an item. Items sent to us without an RMA will not be eligible for a refund.
Several types of goods are prohibited from being returned. Firearms that have been transferred from the local FFL to the buyer cannot be returned. Ammunition cannot be returned. Colorado Gun Cleaners Club Memberships are not refundable and cannot be returned. Perishable goods cannot be returned. We also do not accept returns of products that are hazardous materials or flammable liquids or gases.
Additional non-returnable items:
- Coating Services such as Cerakoting
- Gift cards
- Downloadable software products
- Some apparel items
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase.
- There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable):
- Book with obvious signs of use
- CD, DVD, software, video game that has been opened
- Any item not in its original condition, is damaged or missing parts for reasons not due to our error
- Any item that is returned more than 30 days after delivery
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within a certain amount of days (generally 3 to 5 business days).
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sale items (if applicable)
Only regular priced items may be refunded, unfortunately sale items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com for an RMA and send your item to: 4984 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Johnstown, CO, 80534 once you have received an RMA. Firearms and ammunition cannot be exchanged once transferred from the local FFL to you. You must contact the manufacturer if you have any issues with firearms or ammunition.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and shipped directly to you, you’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received and the return has been approved, a gift certificate will be mailed to you.
If the item wasn’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to themselves to give to you later, we will send a refund to the gift giver and they will find out about your return.
To return your product, you should mail your product to:
4984 Ronald Reagan Blvd.
Johnstown, CO, 80534
Please include the RMA number you received from Colorado Gun Cleaners and a copy of the purchase receipt. Do not ship any returns until you receive an RMA.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of initial shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
You should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
General Terms of Service
This website is operated by Colorado Gun Cleaners, LLC. Throughout the site, the terms “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Colorado Gun Cleaners. Colorado Gun Cleaners offers this website, including all information, tools and services available from this site to you, the user, conditioned upon your acceptance of all terms, conditions, policies and notices stated here.
By visiting our site and/ or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms of Service”, “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the site, including without limitation users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
Please read these Terms of Service carefully before accessing or using our website. By accessing or using any part of the site, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. If these Terms of Service are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms of Service.
Any new features or tools which are added to the current store shall also be subject to the Terms of Service. You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time on this page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the website following the posting of any changes constitutes acceptance of those changes.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
SECTION 1 - ONLINE STORE TERMS
By agreeing to these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
You may not use our products for any illegal or unauthorized purpose nor may you, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of your Services.
SECTION 2 - GENERAL CONDITIONS
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
You understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
SECTION 3 - ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
We are not responsible if information made available on this site is not accurate, complete or current. The material on this site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
This site may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of this site at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our site.
SECTION 4 - MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
SECTION 5 - PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (if applicable)
Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor's display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
SECTION 6 - ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
We reserve the right to refuse any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e-mail and/or billing address/phone number provided at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
For more detail, please review our Returns Policy.
SECTION 7 - OPTIONAL TOOLS
We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
Any use by you of optional tools offered through the site is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve of the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
We may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms of Service.
SECTION 8 - THIRD-PARTY LINKS
Certain content, products and services available via our Service may include materials from third-parties.
Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and will not have any liability or responsibility for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties.
We are not liable for any harm or damages related to the purchase or use of goods, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party's policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
SECTION 9 - USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, 'comments'), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (1) to maintain any comments in confidence; (2) to pay compensation for any comments; or (3) to respond to any comments.
We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e-mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
SECTION 10 - PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your submission of personal information through the store is governed by our Privacy Statement.
SECTION 11 - ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
Occasionally there may be information on our site or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
SECTION 12 - PROHIBITED USES
In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in the Terms of Service, you are prohibited from using the site or its content: (a) for any unlawful purpose; (b) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (c) to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (d) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (e) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (f) to submit false or misleading information; (g) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (h) to collect or track the personal information of others; (i) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (j) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (k) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
SECTION 13 - DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable.
You agree that from time to time we may remove the service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the service is at your sole risk. The service and all products and services delivered to you through the service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided 'as is' and 'as available' for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
In no case shall Colorado Gun Cleaners, our directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the service or any products procured using the service, or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the service or any product, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. Because some states or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states or jurisdictions, our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by law.
SECTION 14 - INDEMNIFICATION
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Colorado Gun Cleaners and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms of Service or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
SECTION 15 - SEVERABILITY
In the event that any provision of these Terms of Service is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms of Service, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
SECTION 16 - TERMINATION
The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
These Terms of Service are effective unless and until terminated by either you or us. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time by notifying us that you no longer wish to use our Services, or when you cease using our site.
If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms of Service, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our Services (or any part thereof).
SECTION 17 - ENTIRE AGREEMENT
The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on this site or in respect to The Service constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
Any ambiguities in the interpretation of these Terms of Service shall not be construed against the drafting party.
SECTION 18 - GOVERNING LAW
These Terms of Service and any separate agreements whereby we provide you Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of 4984 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Johnstown, CO, 80534.
SECTION 19 - CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
You can review the most current version of the Terms of Service at any time at this page.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to update, change or replace any part of these Terms of Service by posting updates and changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check our website periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website or the Service following the posting of any changes to these Terms of Service constitutes acceptance of those changes.
SECTION 20 - CONTACT INFORMATION
Questions about the Terms of Service should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SECTION 1 - WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
SECTION 2 - CONSENT
How do you get my consent?
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
How do I withdraw my consent?
If after you opt-in, you change your mind, you may withdraw your consent for us to contact you, for the continued collection, use or disclosure of your information, at anytime, by contacting us at email@example.com or mailing us at:
Colorado Gun Cleaners
4984 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Johnstown, CO, 80534
SECTION 3 - DISCLOSURE
We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms of Service.
SECTION 4 - SHOPIFY
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
SECTION 5 - THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which your personal information will be handled by these providers.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a payment gateway located in the United States, then your personal information used in completing that transaction may be subject to disclosure under United States legislation, including the Patriot Act.
When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
SECTION 6 - SECURITY
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
SECTION 7 - COOKIES
Here is a list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
_session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
_shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits.
_shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
_secure_session_id, unique token, sessional storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
SECTION 8 - AGE OF CONSENT
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence and you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at
Colorado Gun Cleaners
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
4984 Ronald Reagan Blvd., Johnstown, CO, 80534
Terms and Conditions for Firearms & Ammunition Sales
I understand it is my full responsibility to make sure the firearm, ammunition or accessories I am purchasing is legal for me to own in my state or jurisdiction. By checking the Terms & Conditions box, to accept, I agree that I am legally allowed to own the items in my shopping cart. I further agree that any disputes will be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado and the jurisdiction of any proceedings will take place in Larimer County.
I hereby certify that I am 18 or older if I am purchasing ammunition to use in a rifle or shotgun and 21 or older if I am purchasing ammunition to use in a handgun. I certify that I am 18 or older if I am purchasing a shotgun or rifle and 21 or older if I am purchasing a handgun.
Colorado Gun Cleaners does not sell/ship firearms and ammunition to CA,IL,NY,MA,DC,CT.
Pricing & Payments
We take Visa, Mastercard, Discover Card, and American Express. Please call for Money Order options. We reserve the right to cancel orders due to pricing or inventory errors. Please note: Prices on firearms and accessories fluctuate daily We do not offer a price guarantee and will not provide a partial refund if the sale price of a firearm is lowered after you make your purchase.
Shipping & Delivery
Standard Shipping: We use a combination of shipping carriers depending on the type of item purchased as well as the State the item is being shipped. Most handguns are shipped 2nd Day Air, with all other items typically shipped Ground.
Some items, such as handguns and ammunition, may not be legal to ship to your State. Please check local and state laws prior to purchasing. It is YOUR responsibility to check your local laws prior to placing an order. All firearms will be shipped to an FFL holder in your State for transfer. They will typically charge a nominal fee for the transfer that you will be responsible for paying. All shipping charges are applicable to the lower 48 States. If you are outside of this area please email us for a quote prior to purchase. All Powder and Primer orders will incur an additional $40 hazardous shipping fee. This fee will be billed separately from your initial order. Powder and Primers CAN NOT be shipped in the same order. A hazardous shipping fee will be applied to each order. Oversized items may incur an extra shipping charge. If you have a question on shipping charges please ask and we will be happy to let you know prior to making the purchase.
All firearm orders require FFL paperwork to ship. Firearm orders over 15-days old without FFL paperwork will be cancelled and charged a 15% restocking fee with a $15 minimum.
All local orders that are not picked up within 14 days will be cancelled and charged a 15% restocking fee with a $15 minimum.
Returns on firearms that have been transferred to you are not allowed. Once a firearm is transferred, it cannot be returned to Colorado Gun Cleaners. It is the customer’s responsibility to fully inspect the firearm at their FFL prior to accepting it into their possession. We do understand that some manufacturer defects may not be identifiable upon initial inspection, however by purchasing a firearm from us, you agree that upon discovering a defect in your transferred firearm that you will work with the manufacturer for replacement or repair (in accordance with their warranty policy). Colorado Gun Cleaners does not reimburse local FFL transfer fees on returned items before a transfer occurs.
We are unable to process cancellations, returns or refunds for silencers or any NFA items once we have started the Form 3 or Form 4 ATF paperwork. If you would like to change your order to another model after the Form 3 or Form 4 is in progress you will be required to pay the difference in price, a $100 change fee, plus any applicable shipping charges to have the silencer or NFA item returned.
As part of the terms and conditions of a firearms or ammunitions sale, I certify that I have read and agree to the following safety rules when handling a firearm, ammunition or firearm accessory: www.nrahq.org/education/guide.asp
- ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction. This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.
- ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot. When holding a gun, rest your finger on the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Until you are actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.
- ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use. Whenever you pick up a gun, immediately engage the safety device if possible, and, if the gun has a magazine, remove it before opening the action and looking into the chamber(s) which should be clear of ammunition. If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does.
Also, when using or storing a gun, always follow these NRA rules:
1. Know your target and what is beyond. Be absolutely sure you have identified your target beyond any doubt. Equally important, be aware of the area beyond your target. This means observing your prospective area of fire before you shoot. Never fire in a direction in which there are people or any other potential for mishap. Think first. Shoot second.
2. Know how to use the gun safely. Before handling a gun, learn how it operates. Know its basic parts, how to safely open and close the action and remove any ammunition from the gun or magazine. Remember, a gun's mechanical safety device is never foolproof. Nothing can ever replace safe gun handling.
3. Be sure the gun is safe to operate. Just like other tools, guns need regular maintenance to remain operable. Regular cleaning and proper storage are a part of the gun's general upkeep. If there is any question concerning a gun's ability to function, a knowledgeable gunsmith should look at it.
4. Use only the correct ammunition for your gun. Only BBs, pellets, cartridges or shells designed for a particular gun can be fired safely in that gun. Most guns have the ammunition type stamped on the barrel. Ammunition can be identified by information printed on the box and sometimes stamped on the cartridge. Do not shoot the gun unless you know you have the proper ammunition.
5. Wear eye and ear protection as appropriate. Guns are loud and the noise can cause hearing damage. They can also emit debris and hot gas that could cause eye injury. For these reasons, shooting glasses and hearing protectors should be worn by shooters and spectators.
6. Never use alcohol or over-the-counter, prescription or other drugs before or while shooting. Alcohol, as well as any other substance likely to impair normal mental or physical bodily functions, must not be used before or while handling or shooting guns.
7. Store guns so they are not accessible to unauthorized persons. Many factors must be considered when deciding where and how to store guns. A person's particular situation will be a major part of the consideration. Dozens of gun storage devices, as well as locking devices that attach directly to the gun, are available. However, mechanical locking devices, like the mechanical safeties built into guns, can fail and should not be used as a substitute for safe gun handling and the observance of all gun safety rules.
8. Be aware that certain types of guns and many shooting activities require additional safety precautions.
9. Regular cleaning is important in order for your gun to operate correctly and safely. Taking proper care of it will also maintain its value and extend its life. Your gun should be cleaned every time that it is used. A gun brought out of prolonged storage should also be cleaned before shooting. Accumulated moisture and dirt, or solidified grease and oil, can prevent the gun from operating properly. Before cleaning your gun, make absolutely sure that it is unloaded. The gun's action should be open during the cleaning process. Also, be sure that no ammunition is present in the cleaning area.
Cleaning Club Membership Terms and Conditions
- Member agrees to a one-year membership (“Membership Period”), paid annually in advance, which entitles Member to ten (10) cleanings per year, which cleaning can be for any gun at any time during the Membership Period. If a Member uses more than ten (10) cleanings in a calendar year, then the Member will pay an additional $25.90 per firearm cleaned.
- Member is eligible for certain price discounts on guns, ammunition, accessories, and certain services, as well as custom ordering privileges, all as posted from time-to-time by CGC.
- This membership is for a 12 month period. Any un-used cleanings from the current Membership Period shall not carry over to the next 12 month Membership Period.
- This membership is non-transferable and non-refundable. Member may request cleaning of firearms owned by Member or Member’s spouse and children (“Immediate Family”) only. This Agreement shall apply to the cleaning of firearms owned by Immediate Family.
- Any firearm delivered for cleaning in connection with this Agreement must be unloaded and in a safe condition, free of hazardous defects. Member shall use the utmost care in handling all firearms delivered to CGC.
- All cleanings are performed using an ultra-sonic machine. It is Member’s responsibility to determine whether Member’s firearms can be safely cleaned using an ultra-sonic machine. If Member delivers a firearm to CGC, it will be presumed by CGC that such firearm can be safely cleaned in the ultra-sonic machine, unless Member requests in writing, at the time of delivery, that CGC clean the firearm by hand. In that event, additional fees will be assessed.
- CGC will use reasonable efforts to maintain a high quality gun cleaning service. But CGC accepts no liability for damage due to normal cleaning of firearms without special care instructions. CGC reserves the right to refuse to clean any firearm.
- CGC is not liable for (a) any pre-existing damages to or defects in any firearm; or (b) any damages that occur to the firearm during normal disassembly, cleaning or repair, and reassembly. Member acknowledges that a firearm might be damaged internally, although such firearm appears to Member to operate properly. CGC takes reasonable care in cleaning firearms and uses proper tools and equipment; however, despite such reasonable care, damages can occur during the disassembly, cleaning, and reassembly of firearms. Member consents to CGC disassembling, cleaning or repairing, and reassembling the firearm in any manner that CGC deems best, in its reasonable discretion. With regard to firearms with special surface coatings, CGC will not be responsible for any peeling, fading, or removal in any way of such coatings, including, but not limited to, paint, wraps, Cerakotings, Duracoatings, bluing, or similar coatings.
- Before leaving the store, Member must carefully inspect Member’s firearm to assure that such firearm is properly assembled, in good working order, and free of damage. CGC will not be responsible for any claim that a firearm is damaged, inoperable, or reassembled improperly unless reported to CGC before Member leaves the store or within twenty-four (24) hours thereafter.
- CGC is not responsible for any firearm left in our store for over thirty (30) days. Any firearm left at CGC store for more than thirty (30) days will be assessed a $5/day storage fee to be paid when the customer picks up the firearm. Member hereby grants CGC the right to withhold the Member’s firearms until payment is made for any excess storage charges.
- CGC’s liability shall be limited to general money damages in a maximum amount not to exceed the amount paid for one (1) annual membership. This liability shall be the extent of CGC’s liability regardless of the form in which any legal or equitable action may be brought and the foregoing shall constitute Member’s exclusive remedy. In no event will CGC be held liable for, and Member hereby expressly waives, any consequential, special, incidental, and exemplary damages. CGC hereby disclaims all warranties, express or implied, with respect to the services rendered hereunder.
- This Agreement shall be governed by Colorado law, without reference to its choice of law rules. Any lawsuit involving any dispute arising between CGC and Member may only be brought in Larimer County, Colorado. CGC and Member hereby irrevocably consent to the exercise of personal jurisdiction and venue by any such court with respect to any such proceeding.
MEMBER SHALL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS COLORADO GUN CLEANERS (CGC), ITS OFFICERS, MEMBERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, CAUSES OF ACTION, SUITS, AND LIABILITY OF EVERY KIND, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL EXPENSES OF LITIGATION, COURT COSTS, AND ATTORNEY’S FEES, FOR INJURY TO OR DEATH OF, OR FOR DAMAGES TO ANY PROPERTY RELATED TO OR ARISING OUT OF ANY FIREARM DELIVERED TO CGC IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, WHERE SUCH INJURIES, DEATH, OR DAMAGES ARE CAUSED BY CGC’S SOLE NEGLIGENCE OR THE JOINT NEGLIGENCE OF CGC AND ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY.